Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Let's get organized -- Online Calendars

So, as I just recently started my new position at Terralever, I would like to get my planning in order being the agency bee that I have always been.

That means to institute an informative calendar with easy access for whomever. I thought why not do a little test and figure out what calendar meets my needs.

Here is what I am looking for:

· A calendar that I can easily navigate through, that can be broken down in to categories – such as Award deadlines, Editorial Calendars, Meetings, Goals, Press Release dates, etc. One that lets me see what upcoming awards are there to make sure we’re prepared for, without navigating through an entire calendar day by day.

· Make it accessible online – so people around me can have access to it, but at the same time they have to be invited to view so it’s not open to the public. Kind of like when you make photos on FLICKR private or public.

· If possible I’d like to get it hooked up with my Outlook Calendar and that it updates automatically online when I update on Outlook. This is not necessary but definitely a plus. But if all other components are there then I may still go with another.

· If it can’t connect to my outlook maybe it can be on my desktop or something and I can send outlook contacts and such to it. I’ll see what I find in this avenue. This is where things may get tricky or not who knows.

Right now I am looking at three different calendars:

Trumba

30 Boxes

Google Calendar

I am open to trying others if they work. Anymore ideas let me know.